Saturday 3 November 2018

Friday 2nd November 2018

Friday, at last, and will soon be time to relax and unwork.

As ever, before that there is the actual work, while outside there sun shone brightly from a clear blue sky, or did do once it rose above the horizon.

My day is planned out, with an early stack as I have an appointment with the physio, then have to go to the see the doctor, so a packed day ahead. And work waits for no man!

It is never easy working at home when the sun shines, I yearn to be outside, snapping away and generally photographing anything that moves. But no time for that.

Eight o'clock comes round and I am working away, giving five hard hours work until just before one, when I can wrap up and get ready to go out.

Hummingbird Hawk Moth Macroglossum stellatarum I have a taxi to take me into Canterbury, to the hospital; last weekend I had such back ache that at times I could barely move, so I had to admit it could not go on so booked an appointment. Sating that, using the office chair has meant that the pain did begin to fade, and each day was better than the previous, so much so I nearly did cancel the appointment.

Thing about going private is there is no waiting, having arrived dead on time for the appointment; I tell the guy what was wrong, he asks me to stand up and says that I am not standing straight, compensating for the sore muscle.

Then begins the pummelling.

Three hundred and six He gives me an all over going over, so much so that I am aching all over, which was the point, apparently.

Friday evening in Deal Jools came to collect me, and from there we went back to St Maggies so I could see the doctor regarding my allergies, I get a month's supply of pills, just blood pressure, but very much needed.

Friday evening in Deal We made the decision that morning that we were going to go into Deal for dinner, and that is what we did. Turning onto the Deal Road, then in heavy traffic into Walmer and past the castle into Deal.

We walk along the prom past the fishing boats to the castle so I can snap that, or the sunset over the castellations.

Friday evening in Deal Back then to the chippy, out of the chilly night air and into the steamy atmosphere, with smells of frying golden food.

Friday evening in Deal We go here as its the one shop that has skate from time to time, which they did this time too. Skate is a ray, so you get a wing, covered in golden batter, and eating it, you peel the flesh off the cartilage, as it is a member of the shark family.

Friday evening in Deal That was good fish and chips.

By then it was dark, we were tired, so we go back to the car and drive back home to feed the cats, have a brew and generally relax after what has been a long week at work, or seems that way.

And that was your Friday; the weekend ahead, and being winter now, no Monty on TV. Oh well.

No comments: