Tuesday 13 November 2018

Monday 12th November 2018

A which be remembered by me mostly for allergies.

Jools and I talk about them a lot, and for the most part they make no sense. At all.

I had not had a shower since Sunday morning, put no deodorant on, and no aftershave, and yet I woke up on Monday morning, and the attack was soon under way. What was odd that I got the worst of it when I sat down, and effects wore off when I stood up. Now, this makes no sense, because it was an allergy attack; the snot set like concrete is a give away, but there was no reason, at all, as to why my allergies were going crazy. I took a pill in the morning, another in the afternoon, and before bed one tablet more and a double squirt of nasal spray, which does enable me to get a night's sleep.

But all of that was in the future, all I had to do was get through the day, work and all.

Before work I watch the Manc Derby on the i player, and the Arse game. Utd were shocking, as expected, but to see them so scared and timid was a real eyeopener, and the way things are now under Jose. Still, got to laugh.

And work.

I set up the office, power up the laptop, and there is the pause after opening Outlook when it might be possible there were no mails over the weekend, and then you see the data transfer bar showing 50MB incoming.

Sigh.

And there is meetings. Of course.

Some called by me, so I'm partly to blame.

But the day progresses, although the afternoon I spend writing and sending official communications. One after the other hour after hour.

As you do.

And all the time my breathing was getting worse, until it gets to half three and I have had enough. I give up sitting at the table, though now too late to go for a walk as the light was fading.

Three hundred and fifteen Mulder brings me in a starling for a snack, quite the largest bird he has caught. The poor thing did not make it, I even thought I could feel a pulse, but it didn't make it.

Dinner was to be bangers and mash, served with a tin of proper Boston beans brought back from the US. I lace the mash with horseradish and ground pepper, and is great. I make enough to have for breakfast the next day, fried with a leftover sausage. Or two.

But the truth is the allergies through the day leave me drained and dreading the night when I feared I wouldn't be able to sleep.

No comments: