Tuesday 6 November 2018

Monday 5th November 2018

Bonfire Night (official)

5th day of Bonfire (unofficial)

I had an allergy attack build on Sunday night, and took enough drugs to be able to sleep, which is the main thing. Though, of course, I would much rather have no allergies at all, but for whatever reason, they're a little crazy this year.

I wake up Monday having slept, but feeling like I hadn't. I lay in bed at quarter past five, and felt the congestion build quickly. I can't explain it, just report it.

By six I could only breath through my mouth, but by then I had given up sleep and was up and about, feeding the mogs and making coffee. I had said I would start exercise with me doing a session on the cross trainer before work. That wasn't going to happen.

Nor would it happen later in the day either. But there's always tomorrow.

Jools is up and about, getting ready for work, and leaves the house in a bustle leaving me to have my breakfast whilst watching the footy.

Just before eight I set up the office on the table and I am good to go, all ready for another day of banging out e mails back and forth.

Three hundred and nine Outside it is a glorious autumn day, clear blue skies and bright, low sunshine that backlit leaves making them glow with yellow and red light. I watch goldfinches feasting at one of our new feeders, all four stations had a bird, with others waiting in the nearby fir tree

But work was calling.

And so back to the dining room table, to meetings and spreadsheets.

As expected, once the afternoon came it was clear that exercise wasn't going to happen. Always tomorrow I promised myself.

I cook steak and ale pie for dinner, to use up the last of the beef gravy, and such a feast demands a glass or two of vin rouge.

Clearly, if I am to cut down on the plonk, then preparing meals that don't go with wine or beer will be needed.

But we shall see.

I was so darn tired in the evening; a combination of poor sleep Sunday, allergies and wine. I went to bed to listen to the Huddersfield v Fulham game, I heard about ten minutes before I nodded off. At some point Jools came in to turn the radio and light off.

Goodnight Vienna.

No comments: