Wednesday 7 November 2018

Tuesday 6th November 2018

1st day after Bonfire night (only less bangs than on the 5th)

Go figure.

And at least the allergies were on the wane, which means that soon after starting work I had forgotten I had them.

It is Tuesday, and it is November. What else is there to say? I am working from home, there is a stack of stuff to day, I am having my first meeting with my new boss.

Jools is off to work as usual, leaving me at home to have breakfast, another coffee and be ready for work.

It being another fine day, the cats are out and about, not catching birds though, meaning I can concentrate on work. Which is good.

I wish I had taken half an hour off to go for a work, but me putting that off through lunchtime and into the afternoon meant I left it too late in the day to go out, and by the time work finished, it was already getting dark and too late.

Three hundred and nine The day fades again, and for dinner I cook jacket spuds, mine being in the oven a full hour longer than Jools', but they still fail to crisp up. But jackets with the soft flesh inside mixed with creamy butter, all sweet and full of buttery goodness. How can something so simple be so satisfying?

I don't know.

Evening comes, we have a brew and ice cream because, well, do you need an excuse for ice cream? No, didn't think so either.

We watch the final part of a documentary on the Rococo period; can't say I'm any more the wiser, other than it seemed to have been the pursuit of happiness, then went a little mad. Still; ART!

And then football, writing, editing and then to bed. And another day of nose to the grindstone had slipped away.

No comments: