Friday 9 November 2018

Thursday 8th November 2018

Back to normal.

Or as normal as it is to get round here.

Thursday was everything Wednesday wasn't, lacking in France and Belgium, but no clouds and wall to wall sunshine.

And work.

Back to The Dip But another night of fractured sleep, the reason for which I will tell tomorrow, but by the time I woke up I forgot why I was woken up at midnight, but the message was getting through.

I have three hours of meetings to start, which is not the best way to start the day, and then play catch up for the rest of the day for the mails that come in.

Back to The Dip Over the road I see Di is back. She was scammed last week by people pretending to be BT then Russian warlords, and was at the end of her tether. She is better now, but still scared to stay in her own home at night. The warning is, of something seems unbelievable, then it probably is. But they were tracking her through her mobile phone, so knew when she was or wasn't doing their bidding, like they had a camera in her house.

Back to The Dip Horrible.

Anyway, back to work.

Back to The Dip After lunch and when I had caught up with work, with another allergy attack building, I decide on the spur of the moment to go for a walk. I mean it looked like summer outside.

It might have looked like summer, but was twenty degrees cooler. I walk up to Collingwood then along the lane past the midden to Fleet House, past the pig's copse, then down Norway Drove to look at The Dip. The bottom was a mud bath, and there was no need to go down, so as the shadows lengthened, I turn round to walk back home.

Back to The Dip It was downright chilly by the time I got home, so I put the kettle on and make a brew, and one last check of the inbox and I could think about relaxing for the evening.

Three hundred and eleven We had chorizo hash for dinner, but no pink fizz, as I forgot to put a bottle in the fridge, but a glass of Crafty Old Hen would do just as well.

The day was over, Marc Riley was on the wireless, recounting the music news from September 1980; don't ask. For me it was like yesterday.

And so another day draws to an end, and in the morning is Friday, very near the weekend!

Woot.

No comments: