Saturday 10 November 2018

Friday 9th November 2018

Friday.

And I have Friday on my miiiiind.....

Although I don't talk about much about work, it is now entering the busiest part of the project, at least for this year. I will be travelling a bit more from now on, and this will be the case until the end of next year. So, each day arranging more and more activities, sending out mails, and now, arranging flights and hotels. Just so you know you have some more stuff to look forward to other than me working at the dining room table.

Anyway, we do the usual stuff before it is time to start work again. And I have the end of week admin to do, as well as travel expenses.

Sigh.

And then the bane of modern life, when the website you're trying to access doesn't recognise your password.

Normally I wouldn't worry, but this is the people who are looking after my tax, and I have to upload a document. I try to reset the password.

That doesn't work.

I try again.

I have to answer my three security questions.

I get all three wrong.

Twice.

Favourite TV show: now, did I type X Files, X-Files, or The X Files. Or some other combination. The website wasn't having any of it.

It locked me out. Twice apparently.

I filled in a help message to the company, and in an hour I get a call from the US where it is the middle of the night.

Click on the link to reset the password, not the first linek sent, but the second link, I was told.

I click on the second link, change the password. All is well I say, so the lady hangs up.

After changing the password I click OK, and I am taken to the log in page again. I use my new password and it locks me out again.

The lady calls back. My system tells me your account is still locked she tells me, not news though.

Yes, I say.

ON, I will send you a new link, click on that not the two previous links.

I do.

Now enter a new password.

Not the one I entered before?

A new one.

A new one that is memorable with at least one capital latter, two lower case and two numbers.

Not that easy.

I come up with one, and have to answer some new recovery questions.

And I am in my account.

Did I want to log off and log back in to make sure it works? No, just want to upload this form and do some work I say.

So, after two hours I have uploaded a document.

Friday evening walk round Deal And back to work.

Seems like everyone was going to have an early stack, as my colleagues have all logged off by 14:00 DK time, so when it rolls round to two here, I do too, and go to sit on the sofa to watch some American Pickers. Just to make sure my melted brain doesn't melt any more.

Friday evening walk round Deal Jools comes home, so we have a coffee before we decide to go out for a walk in Deal again. We enjoyed the walk so much, and dinner out after, we thought we would do it again, although we agreed to have curry instead, just as well as that is what my friends of Faceache said when I asked them that question.

Friday evening walk round Deal We arrived in Deal just as the day was fading, meaning there was a pale blue light. We park near the curry house, then cross the main road to the promenade, we turn to the north towards the castle and pier.

Friday evening walk round Deal We had the breeze at our back, meaning it was warm enough, but walking back would be different.

Friday evening walk round Deal The fishing boats were all high and dry on the beach, rigging flapping in the breeze and empty fish boxes lay scattered about.

Friday evening walk round Deal We went past the pier without going along it.

Friday evening walk round Deal We walk on a few hundred yard more, then cross the main road and walk to Middle Street, turn south back towards where the curry house was. Only we were going somewhere else first.

Friday evening walk round Deal Warm lights shone bright in the early evening gloom, so I rattle a few shots off. We come to the main road, and the lights in the Just Reproach opposite, shine warm and welcoming. So, we go in, get a table to perch at, and choose our poisons, then listen to the conversations going on.

The beer is good, nice and dark. So good I have a second. That feels much better.

Friday evening walk round Deal By the time we leave, darkness had fallen, and the strong breeze blew in our faces as we walked back to the seafront and walked back past the pier and castle.

Friday evening walk round Deal The curry house was open, and only one table was occupied. Just as well as we were hungry. But it was just half past five. Dinner time for us, though.

We have papadums, and dips, followed by two different curries, but what with maybe a hundred different ones in the menu, are there really that many different ones? Just mild, medium and hot? I think so.

I have a Begal Special, but madras hot, which is plenty hot enough and I struggle to finish it, but do.

Jools drives us home, getting back before seven. I see there is some FA Cup action on TV, so sit on the sofa to watch that, but struggle to stay awake to the very end. Wimbledon score in the last minute of the game, which was played in monsoon conditions, and a driving gale too.

I did say in yesterday's post that I would explain how I was sleeping better. Well, on Monday I fell asleep listening to the football, Jools turned the radio off, but as I woke up just before I thought the game was going to end, I tried to switch it back on via the remote. In the end I did, but not before somehow turning the alarm on.

The alarm went off at midnight on Tuesday. And on Wednesday. And again on Thursday, by which point I had pressed just about every button possible, and combinations thereof to try to cancel the bloody alarm. After some searching, I find the alarm in a sub-menu, and switch it off, set the volume to zero just to be on the safe side.

Maybe I could sleep better now?

No comments: