Friday 2 November 2018

Thursday 1st November 2018

All Saints Day

It was a cold, dark, wet and grim day. The rain began before dawn and carried on until dusk, when for a moment the clouds cleared enough for some early stars to be seen. But then the clouds returned.

Not much to say about Thursday other than that. Mulder dispatched two more goldfinches; he only seems to go for them when it is raining, no idea why.

And work took all day. As it always does.

I have my inbox, my spreadsheet, the two keep me busy all day.

The poor dustmen and posties have to work in all weathers, and I see them scuttling about, or the posties does, dropping off a consignment of multi-coloured peppercorns through the catflap not knowing I was inside. And it wasn't even the cats who ordered it!

I go to see Di over the road; she is doing OK. It is 6 months now, since Bob went, and life goes on. Sometimes painfully for those left behind. The kindness and care of others cannot replace the lost love of 49 years. This would have been their 50th anniversary, now not to be. There are no words.

Three hundred and five The day fades and the rain continues, maybe not so hard, but hard enough not to want to go outside.

I put the radio on, sing along to some songs, and try to work.

I cook chorizo hash, and is just about ready for when Jools comes back home. It is dark, and had been for an hour. Traffic was heavy and she is pooped by the time she gets home.

We listen to the radio in the evening, until nine, when our tired legs take our tired bodies up the stairs so we could lay our tired heads down to rest.

No comments: