Saturday 5 October 2019

Friday 4th October 2019

I am still home.

I say this because over the next few weeks, I will hardly ever be, what with holibobs, training and so on. So, make the most of being at home.

I sleep through the alarm and Jools getting up, waking up when Jools calls, did I want a coffee before she went to work?

I said I did.

It would have been easy to laze around the house, but after coffee, I go back upstairs to do some phy; first time in two weeks, but if I don't do it now, it'll be into November when I get the chance again.

Two hundred and seventy seven So on with the trainers and headphones, and away we go. Scully lays on the bed, washing, and watching me pump lard.

I do 20 minutes, my breathing calms down then I have a shower and get dressed.

Ready for the trials of the day, which begin with fruit for breakfast.

The task for the day was to reduce the four bags of stuff to at least one, find homes for everything, and make a start on sorting out the paperwork.

I saved very little from Mums house; A Lilliput Lane piece featuring a cottage in Lowestoft, a present from my German exchange partner and finally, the stein I bought for Dad for what turned out to be his last Christmas in 1995. I can still picturing him quaffing litres of Warsteiner from that festivetide.

Mementos I sort through the paperwork, and decide what do I really want, and what, if kept, would just sit in a box and never been looked at agan. And as I have no one to leave this stuff to, it will either go for recycling or the landfill. Oh well.

In the end I have the items above and a stack of photos and postcards.

The Historical Ale The day has passed, Jools comes home from work, and we have a coffee and an ice cream. It is warm enough to sit outside, or at least when the sun shines. Which it was.

I make dinner, boiled chicken thighs, bacon and rice, which is far more splendid that it sounds. You'll have to take my word for it.

And that was the day. We listen to Alan Moor sitting in for Iggy Pop on the radio, then go to bed with the rain hammering down outside.

No comments: