Monday 28 October 2019

Sick of it

I am fed up with Brexit.

I read about it, I listen to podcasts, I write about it, I think about it.

I hate it. We hates it, precious.

I wish it would all just go away. But ii won't.

We are now nearing the endgame, as far as A50 is concerned. An election will likely lead to a Johnson victory, with many Conservative associations now packed with hardline leavers as prospective MPs, it seems impossible that he will not get a working majority.

But then, we though that May would get a 200 seat majority two and a half years ago, and instead we got a hung Parliament. Just because we think something will happen doesn't mean it will happen.

Though Remain remains (ahem) as divided as ever. And trying to work out what the Labour policy on anything Brexit is impossible.

Maybe that was the point, to make us all weary so we just give up? I want to give up. Go and live in NO if the deal is accepted. I ear they have very nice orchids over there.

The Conservatives have been in power since May 2015.

May appointed Brexiteers into positions so they could deliver Brexit.

For the most part, the Conservatives have had a Parliamentary majority for all those four years.

There have been two elections, soon to be a third, becasue they did not like the result the last two gave.

But no hope of a second referendum, because that result must be respected.

Many of the Cabinet members were part of Vote Leave. That vote the law twice in finding and data sharing, and yet the police inquiry seems to have gone very quiet. Odd that.

The three MVs would have passed had not the ERG and hardline Brexiteers have voted against it all three times. And yet moderate MPs who voted for May's WA were ousted because in voting for the WA three times they were somehow frustrating Brexit, and people like JRM who did vote against it are put in positions of power as a reward?

I am thinking about the point at which I stop writing about Brexit; is it when the WA is ratified? Is it at the end of the TA? Or do I go on documenting the gradual decline of this once great nation?

Not sure.

I just want it to stop.

No comments: