Thursday 10 October 2019

Wednesday 9th October 2019

It has been quite a year. And to be honest, the past two weeks have been the icing on the cake.

However, it has gone smoothly, I have been helped by some wonderful people, and have been able to delegate tasks, and we are currently on top of things.

So, if you are one of those who have helped, said something kind and understanding, or just thought nice thoughts, I want to say thank you.

My employers have been wonderful. Wonderful all year. And through the years. Very understanding, letting me take time off when I wanted, not asking questions. And then sending me flowers and cards. All wonderful and quite humbling.

Mum's mail has been directed, so we get that too now. Just the official stuff, not the junk. And things move on.

And at the end of it, we might be in a position to pay off the mortgage, give up work, or take less taxing and stressful jobs. Or carry on to pay for exotic holidays to the other side of the world.

The world will be our oyster, and we will have choices. Which is always a good thing.

In time, of course.

Or there might be no money left, and so all there will be is a stack of photos and a few things removed from the house.

So, on Wednesday, I went back to work. Or I worked from home. Which is the same thing. No travel involved.

Which is nice.

But I wasn't motivated enough to go on the cross trainer. I should have, but decided against it.

Instead after Jools made coffee and left for work, I grilled a crust and used some of the remaining jam to smother it in jammy goodness.

Then to work.

Now that I am no long PQM, the mails have slowed down somewhat, and my inbox, once I have thinned out the things I didn't have to deal with meant I had ten mails.

I make a few phone calls, then crack on with work.

Two hundred and eighty two The cats sleep, little do they know they will be in feline prison in 24 hours. But I love them, so give them extra kitty kibbles. Mulder can still hear the rattle of the kibble tin form 100m and run like mad for his share.

I make a ragu through the day, slowly cooking tomatoes and garlic, then adding minced pork sausages, some onions and red wine, and let simmer for four hours.

Yummy.

Mail arrives and I have stuff for Mum to sort out. There goes two hours. And the afternoon is nearly done.

I pack my work things away, and get ready for Jools' return home, so I can cook the pasta and dish it up.

Wine in the ragu. Wine in a glass. Wine in my belly.

Lovely.

Jools packs in the evening, I will do mine in the morning. And Diane come round to see us before we leave, we wish each other all the best and have hugs.

Its nearly time to go.

I read in bed for an hour, leaving Lyra a fighting off a zeppelin, when tiredness took me from this world.

No comments: