Thursday 31 October 2019

Wednesday 30th October 2019

And how soon after returning from foreign climes that we get used to the hum drum life, which for me is working from home.

I slept through the alarm as I had been up nearly 11 the night before reading The Secret Commonwealth.

Outside the sun was already up, almost due south, or so it seemed, rising just left of dead centre of the back of the house.

There had been a slight frost, and some plants in the garden had already gven up, but others, like the cup and saucer plant, were still going well.

I find the i pod was flat, so no phys, instead I make a second coffee, tip in raspberries and blueberries in a bowl, top it up with yoghurt.

Lovely.

Meaning that once I had eaten, it was time for work.

And what is this: a meeting? Two meetings? Just like old times as we were tasked with getting stuff done, and talking.

There is cheese toasties for lunch, though lunch was only just after half ten, half eleven in Denmark. But I'm in Kent.

Three hundred and three It is a fine, sunny autumnal day, so I go out for a bit of macro action, snapping what there was to see, which was plants lloking like they were coming to the end of their season, or some already finished off by the slight overnight frost.

Back to work as the goldfinches were chirruping again that I was in the way.

Dinner was boiled chicken and bacon, with rice. And I know it sounds very bland, but it is a fabulous meal. The chicken cooked long enough it fell off the bone, and then the rice cooked in oil then boiled in the chicken stock.

Lovely. And six thighs made enough for dinner for two and lunch for Jools the next two days.

Frugal.

Just as well as some of our meals in the US were pricey to say the least.

And to the evening, with more music, then to bed early, so I could plough on with The Secret Commonwealth. And for the first time ever I was blessed with both cats laying next to me in bed as I read. And there was no fighting.

I turned the light out at eleven, with tales of close escapes in the Ottoman Empire fresh in my mind.

No comments: