Friday 22 November 2019

Expert Brexit

Its funny, you know, that during the campaign, Michael Gove said, and I am not making this up, in response to the point a journalist was making that expert opinion was that any Brexit would be a disaster, that "people have had enough of experts".

That's why I get the paper boy to do my dentistry work, had enough of expert dentists, charging me money to look after me teeth.

And like a fundamental Christian, railing against science 99% of the time, only to shot from the battlements when science says 1% might have some basis in facts, then Brexiteers are only to happy to use "experts" to denounce opposition policies, whilst not letting those same experts say anything about theirs.

Because, apparently, upgrading 6 hospitals is now the same as building 40 new ones. The Tories are not building 40 new hospitals, nor are there plans for 40 new hospitals. ^ are being upgraded, and 36 might also be, and yet, Gove refuses to accept this "evidence" and calls it polemic questioning when it is pointed out that 6 does not equal 40.

Chief target of the Labour manifesto was tax rises. A guy earning £80,000 a year was on Question time last night complaining about having to pay a tenner extra a week in tax, saying he is earning less than the national average wage. Eighty grand puts him in the top 5%, the average UK wage is £28,677. The top earner refusing to help out the lower 50% is sickening, but what we have come to respect. But the rich helping the poor, the strong helping the rich is literally the basis of Christian teaching, and even then, is the right thing to do.

I have always willingly paid my taxes, not that I ever had any choice, but I thought that I got where I am today with support from tax-payers, supporting my education, my time in the Air Force, so why not pay back some of that? Even if I had not had that support, I would still willingly pay. I used to write on an American Blog site, and they used to nickname me "Jelltax" for my views on tax, mocking me for wanting to pay tax.

I mean, what the actual fuck.

I have friends who are currently going through the third or fourth process of assessing their disability in a decade. They already have had their mobility allowance taken away, so no car or free bus transport for them, and what car they might now afford will have a negative impact on their disabilities. This is happening all over the country, and has been since the Tories came to power in 2010, because the financial crisis of 2007 was caused by people like Gary and Julie being able to have a quality of life.

Disabled people, the sick, the elderly, single mothers are being targeted by the monied ministerial classes to save a few quid in the name of austerity supposedly to reduce the national debt, when in that time they have managed to double it. So it was all a waste of time, but that was the point, to punish those classes of people, to provide tax cuts for the wealthy.

And now Brexit.

Brexit will reduce further tax income, and mean far harsher spending cuts or huge tax rises, and who will have to suffer the consequences? It won't be the rich,, let me tell you. But lets get Brexit done, so we can kill of those we have so far failed to do so......

No comments: