Wednesday 6 November 2019

Tuesday 5th November 2019

Bonfire Night, aka Guy Fawkes Night.

(UK only)

In which we celebrate the fact Parliament was not blown up.

FFS.

And I was stuck in my prison-cum-country hotel, sleeping much better, I wake up at quarter past seven, and am well rested. Though I am too late to do any revising, and barely have time to get dressed and go down for breakfast.

I want to have something healthy, and do, but also have a small fry up as well.

And I am feeling better. Much better.

But soon we meet back up in the conference room, and we get down to ever more complicated parts of the course. We have an hour or so learning something, have a coffee, then back in for another session. Until lunch, then more in the afternoon.

Three hundred and eight And through half four, five, half five and six. We work away. And not only have we done ten hours, we have several hours homework to do.

I decide to do some reading in preparation for the final day, so go to the bar for dinner and find the Barca game on. I read and watch the game, have a beer and order a pizza which I make disappear too. I am joined by Paul, another guy on the course, he has a beer then a pizza, so I have another beer to watch the start of the Liverpool game.

It was nine in the evening by the time I went back to my room. Too late for work, so I set my alarm for half five, detirmened to get up, pack, have a shower and do my homework.

That was the plan. Just got to the point of wanting the course over with at this point, to be honest.

No comments: