Tuesday 5 November 2019

Monday 4th November 2019

The good news is that I do not have the enthusiasm for a Brexit post today.

I woke up after a fractured night's sleep, waking in an OK room at the Carnage Country Hotel. As nice as being away on the company credit card, I was here for a reason, and today I had to work. Or stay awake.

I get dressed and go down for breakfast, have fruit then a small fry up to follow. And the worse coffee I have had in years. Quite a feat.

And then to the conference room to be taught ISO 14001, Environmental Management Systems.

Yes, you read that right.

Not quite as dull as Quality Management Systems, but close.

By nine there was seven of us, all ready to go, and once we had introduced ourselves, has coffee, we get down to work.

And it is hard stuff, mainly classroom based, death by powerpoint, with breaks for coffee and lunch.

We work though to quarter past six, and then we had homework.

FFS.

So I take the homework to the bar, order chili and a beer, and do the homework. And I get it done, so once I had eaten, I could go back to my room to relax.

I lay on the bed trying to find something slightly interesting to do.

Three hundred and seven Being in the country, the phone signal is poor, so I go for a walk under the crescent moon just rising, to call Jools, and I find myself being shadowed by a Scully lookalike, though even more friendly.

I sit in the smokers shelter, and the cat is on my lap, demanding affection and attention. So I give it. In spades.

Once I had spoke to Jools, back to the room to lay in bed until I was tired enough for sleep.

And tomorrow, more of the same, but an even longer day.

No comments: