Thursday 21 November 2019

Wednesday 20th 2019

Hump day.

I wake up with my painful shoulder. Not quite as bad as the day before, but still painful.

Meaning no phys again.

Oh well.

Means I can drink coffee, have breakfast, watch Only Connect and be ready for work before eight. Or just after, I mean, no need to rush these things.....

Three hundred and twenty four Already you can see my days falling into a routine, doing the same things day after day, which most people do, but for me, an international playboy and quality expert each day usually brings new and, er, interesting challenges, normality is in itself a new challenge.

Regular brews helps. Of course.

And it is another fine day, though breezy. I really should go out and do some gardening. Oh, wait a minute, I'm supposed to be working.

Oh yeah.

Work is much the same, mails, calls, more mails, brew, lunch, feed the cats, brew.

I get a mail regarding Mum's estate, and I'm on the phone to the company an hour, then have to find loads of related documents, put them in an envelope and take them to the post office to make sure they have the right postage on.

So, on with the boots and coat, just my small camera this time, and along the road and down Station Road, past the new house and up the other side. Shadows were lengthening, but the light crystal clear.

I pay for the postage and it will go that evening. Over the road where I treat myself to a small chocolate bar, sit on the bench outside and watch the world go by. Or try to go by thanks to the inconsiderate parking.

Everyone needs a hobby.

Having eaten that I walk back down the hill and up the other side, arriving home as the sun set, and time for Mulder to tell me it was long past his dinner time. Though it wasn't.

I feed him to get some peace, then begin dinner preparation, as it's aubergine night. Though in order to ensure we don't eat too much, it's just aubergine, no pasta. No bread. No wafer thin mints.

Soon I have a plateful of egg, breadcrumbed and pan-fried aubergine to share with Jools, she arrives home on time, so she has a cuppa and I have a pint of Romney Porter.

Because, beer.

No comments: