Wednesday 20 November 2019

Tuesday 19th November 2019

Tuesday, and I'm not on a course, jetlagged or on holiday.

There's lovely.

I wake up to find I can barely move my arm, its as though someone has put an axe through my left shoulder. I can't turn my neck much, either. This getting old business isn't much fun, is it?

Three hundred and twenty three I go downstairs, like the little trooper i am, and find a coffee waiting for me.

Thanks Jools.

She offers me a massage, a hot bag, cold bag, bag of spanners, for my shoulder. I turn them all down. Maybe it'll sort itself out I say, hopefully.

She goes to work leaving me to think, not too hard about some exercise, and decide its not too clever to do that. So, I make a second coffee, have breakfast and mess around on the computer.

A little legstretcher As per normal.

Eight comes and I put some trousers on, get the work station out and log on. The sky had not fallen in overnight, which is good.

A little legstretcher Right?

So, the day settles down and I begin to plan next year's calendar. Yes, I kid you not, I am making yer actual plans. Seems I will be going to Cumbria. Twice. Aberdeen again. Hull.

A little legstretcher So, all the nation's hot spots!

And so the day pans out in the way. Outside the sun shines from a clear blue sky. So, at dinner time, I go for a walk.

Not far, just over the fields to Fleet House and the pig's copse. Its been at least six weeks since I did that, maybe a week or two longer. Autumn is pretty much over, all is looking faded and windblown. And that's just the sheep!

A little legstretcher Heavy rain means the ground is turning to mud, ad walking was more like slipping.

There were no pigs, of course, and the view over the fields to Kingsdown was as usual. I snap it, but don't go down to the dip as it would be so muddy.

I turn for home, walking past the two new houses in the quarry, neither still not completed, but I thought one had people living in it? Maybe it sprung a leak?

A little legstretcher I walk home to the house, still warm because the heating is on. Hot.

I make a brew, watch Only Connect with my work computer on my lap as I catch up on mails. Sipping my brew and getting all the answers wrong.

Someone say "sugar"? Dinner is to be pasta, so I make a tomato sauce, add meat, onions, courgette, aubergine, mix and cook for a few hours. It is glorious.

We feast on that poured over spirally pasta, served with garlic bread and lots of vin rouge.

Lovely.

The day is all but done, outside it is cold and dark, and the crescent moon rises, casting pale shadows in the back garden.

We go to bed.

No comments: