Tuesday 26 November 2019

Monday 25th November 2019

One month to Christmas. If you put your sprouts on to boil in July, they should be tender by the big day.

Just saying, its what yer Mam would have said.

And in other news, shoulder is getting better, but not quite well enough to do any phys, anyway, I am off on my travels on Tuesday, so will get back into it once I am home on Friday. Or Saturday.

Sometimes, its best not to rush these things.

And for some reason, both Jools and myself were awake before five, and so at half five we get up and do the stuff we do before work.

She had left home by half six, leaving me to listen to the radio, have another coffee, breakfast and a shower, and be all logged on for work at half seven, like a keen worker.

And so the week begins.

It needed more wine. At nine in the morning.

Outside it is a dull and cold day, wind too strong and chilling to go out for a walk, just for the heck of it, so I stay in and look out, watching the birds and the cats trying to catch the birds. Its their jobs.

I have fried eggs on fried bread, washed down not with fried tea, but tea. Which was nice.

The afternoon passes slowly by, Jools has yoga after work, so I have like hours before she is due home, so get all my writing and editing done. Then think I should try the sloe port.

Three hundred and twenty nine Its nice. So nice I have a second to make sure.

Then I have to cook. Shoarma chicken, curried rice and corn. And beer.

Its all too easy to wash the food down with more booze. I tell myself this has to change. Soon.

Next week.

And then there is football on TV; Villa v the Toon, and pretty good it was, but my eyes got heavy, so heavy I don't see the last quarter on an hour, and Villa leading 2-0, and in the words of my Dad, The Toon wouldn't score as long as they had a hole in their arse.

He was always right about these things.

No comments: