Wednesday 13 November 2019

Wednesday 13th November 2019

Day two of the course.

And more of the same.

Up at six, after being woken up by the emptying of bins of bottles, then up and dressed and down for breakfast before walking to the Tube Station at Southwark. Which is not in Southwark, but Blackfriars. There is an Ibis Hotel in Southwark, but its not here.

I'm still angry.

Anyway, catch the train to London Bridge and then to Borough, up the street and then to the classroom where I am first in again, so treat myself to coffee before the labours of the day begin.

Three hundred and seventeen Powerpoint, practical exercises, powerpoint, tests, lunch, powerpoint, exercise.

On through the day.

We finish at half five, and my brain has melted.

I walk to the market, through that to Clink Street and I decide I need a drink and dinner So, I find a small place, Bills, and have fried vegetables, followed by chilli lemon chicken. And wine.

London is busy, colourful, smelly and always something or someone to see. Joggers, dog walkers, buskers and the air filled with dozens of languages, people full of excitement to be here. I marvel again at the sight of St Paul's and The City north of the river, so brightly lit it makes the clouds shine with reflected light.

From there is was a fifteen minute able along the south bank to Blackfriars Bridge, then back to the hotel where I could not concentrate on work.

At all.

I have told myself I will do it in the morning when I get into the classroom.

Promise. We shall see.

No comments: