Friday 1 November 2019

Thursday 31st October 2019

All Hallows Eve.

And for some reason, I have not been sleeping well, so I was still asleep when Jools gently woke me to tell me she was off to work and my coffee was waiting downstairs.

How did that happen?

So, I get up, just after Scully jumped on too, hoping for an all day snoozing session together, which would have been nice. But there is always work to come.

And with lack of sleep comes the lack of enthusiasm for phys, so another session is scrapped. And I have breakfast and more coffee instead.

It is a fine autumn morning, so one the sun was up, I go out with the camera and macro to snap something close up. But there was no butterflies about, and not many bees either So I snap the cup and saucer plants that have now taken over the top bed, and climbing over and through everything else.

Three hundred and three And back to work.

I wish I could tell you that did something exciting and thrilling, but it was just a usual working day, and so by four it was getting dark, even with clear skies. Soo after dusk, the crescent moon and nearby Venus rose away to the west.

I had made a tomato sauce during the day to be the base for a ragu. I let it sit and ferment stronger flavours through the afternoon. Add the sausage meet, herbs and red wine before warming through. I also make another batch of creamed spinach, and finish the feast off with four slices of home made garlic bread.

On a chilly autumn evening, that meal and a couple of glasses of read is just what was needed.

We fitter the evening away, listening to the radio, and then we tackling another 100 pages of The Secret Commonwealth as Scully curls up beside me.

Its good to be back home....

No comments: