Saturday 25 July 2020

Little known facts

1. In 2007, I discovered a new volcano. True story.

2. A distant relative. Very distant. Used to run the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships, and pass the trophy to the minor royal to present to the winner.

3. My 3rd form German class, with help from our exchange partners, invaded (a small) part of East Germany. Causing a minor diplomatic crisis. We celebrated by having a food fight at Burgwedel Town Hall.

4. I am the only child of two only children. No Aunts, Uncles, Nieces, Nephews, Cousins. It ends with me.

5. I was interviewed by the BBC regarding a chart of my favourite records I kept between April 1980 and June 1996. It was not broadcast.

6. I do not eat beetroot. It is the devil's food.

7. As is offal.

8. Red or white wine? Yes.

9. Back in 2008, I was asked to submit some shots for a Flickr group whose intention was to have a picture of every Grad I and II* listed building in England. In time, I was asked if I would curate the project in Kent. I said yes, and so was presented with a huge list. I started with some churches, but it became clear that photographing private houses was going to be problematic, so stuck with churches. Thanks to the support of people in the group, and a couple of very knowledgeable friends, I learnt more about churches, and so the Kent Church project began. 12 years later I have done something like 330 or so churches, so multiple times. I might never finish, but we have met some great people and visited some very out of the way corners of the country.

No comments: