Thursday 2 July 2020

Wednesday 1st July 2020

A new month.

At last.

Though saying that, despite COVID life has been very good to us.

The sale of Mum's house is going through, even a simple sale takes time, even when there is no chain.

I was contacted by the masons and the headstone on Dad's pot will be updated to include Mum.

I am expecting the contract for the sale to come through the letterbox soon, and once signed, it will be a matter of days.

The last dregs of Mum's possessions; commodes and walking frames, that the local authority do not want, have been rounded up and taken to the dump.

I have been resisting the temptation to spend the money before we get it, but top f the list is repaying the mortgage. This will be a huge thing, and means we will be many hundreds of pounds a month, a week, better off. THere are loans and things to pay off, and if we want to, we can pay everything off and still have enough for a slap up meal at Mrs Miggin's Pie Shoppe.

Strange days indeed.

It is Wednesday and that means it is a rest day, but Jools having found out that she has three more weeks, at least, of furlogh, decides to do what I did the other week, and walk from Capel back into Dover. So after coffee, I take her to the Valiant Sailor so she can find her way to the coastal path, then back north to Dover, and I drive back home, so I all ready for the early morning meeting and breakfast.

And on to work, we are all well, and in an turn up for the books, I have completed the huge complicated task that my boss set me a few weeks back.

Permission to engage smug mode again, boss?

Indeed.

I work through the morning, whilst Jools walks along the cliffs, above Samphire Hoe and down into Dover. She fails to find the Lizard Orchids I looked for a couple of weeks back. Oh well.

Cosmos She walked into town, and then went about trying to find when there was a bus hone. Seems that departures and indeed the whole timetable is apparently secret, and have been removed from all bus stops. So, she waits for twenty minutes and a bus turns up, but being a direct servce to Deal it won't come into the village, so I go to collect her from Ringwould.

It was lunchtime.

I cook more chircken flatbreads with sweet chilli salad, which hits the spot. I have to pass on wine of beer as I was still on duty.

Oh well.

An so to the afternoon. Jools does beading whilst I deal with mails and phone calls. It's pretty low pressure stuff.

And again, in the afternoon, no phys, so I am able to prepare dinner; yet more aubergine, breaded and fried in olive oil.

Yummy.

One hundred and eighty three And that was your day. Too cold to site outside, so I follow Norwich's game at Arsenal. Surviving from this point was going to be tricky, if would just nick a result.

We lost 4-0. Played OK at times, but gave the ball away and were punished.

It has been a long, hard cruel season and I will be glad to see the back of it.

No comments: