Thursday 30 July 2020

Wednesday 29th July 2020

Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer's 39th wedding anniversary. Because it all ended up happy ever after.

The never ending July holiday in Denmark goes on.

And as each day this week arrives, it brings better weather than the one previous. This will build until Friday when it will reach 31 or 32 degrees, then cool off for the weekend. Which might actually be a good thing.

The edge of England After first coffee I do a session on the cross trainer, which is hard going. My thighs ache, which I tell myself is a good thing. It is, right?

Jools is out walking, so I make breakfast after cooling down, and have eaten by the time the first meeting starts at half seven.

But it is a slow morning. Just as well as we have to see the bank, to inform them money will be arriving. Soon.

Now, I have not been into Dover town centre, must be since February, possibly even the beer festival, so it was nice to walk round the town square and up Biggin Street. Though the queue outside the bank observed social distancing, 2m apart, and as ten neared, the new opening time, the line snaked across Market Square.

It seems receiving tens of thousands of pounds is fine, and requires no notice or evidence, as opposed to having a few thousand gifted by a relative when buying a house, that must be investigated.

Who knew?

Jools went to our mortgage provider, and all is now done online, the woman on duty knew nothing about mortgages. Say much about the bank she works for. But I guess if she don't sell them, she won't know the details.

Two hundred and eleven Our car is being cleaned, so we have twenty minutes to kill, so we go to La Salle Verte for 2nd breakfast, which for me was sausage sandwich and a pot of tea. The first time we have eaten out since, I don't know when, maybe January? We sat outside to eat, just to be safe. And although not the best sausages in the world, and not as wonderfully cheap and greasy as ones from a greasy spoon, it still was good.

Castle Street We finish up and leave, walk back to the car down the almost deserted streets, with footfall this low nothing is going to survive to be honest. But what do I know?

Back in the car, all now shiny and clean, to drive back home and back to work. No one missed that I had been gone.

The day passed. Jools went out leaving me to hold the fort, telling me a package was being delivered, so I would have to wait until her return to go on the cross trainer.

Migrant Hawker Aeshna mixta Well, I got hungry, and by the time she returned I was well into preparing dinner, I was going to do dinner and skip phys, but I would make up tomorrow, I promised myself.

Dinner was breaded pork steaks with stir fry and fresh corn. No carbs.

And it was good. My promise to forgo booze except at weekends failed to happen this week, but instead of wine I had a beer.

The evening was taken with football: Championship play off, and if I sit in Jools' spot on the sofa, Scully will sit on my lap. Which she does.

A fine game, Brentford beat Swansea to go to the final next Tuesday. The season is nearly over.

No comments: