Wednesday 15 July 2020

So what now?

Last week we were talking about Brexit and the possible delays at Dover because of the checks and was asked why Ramsgate wasn't being used as a port now. I explained that the berths at Ramsgate were narrower than other berths, and so only a few ferries could be used there.

My point is that I hate it that my head is full of stuff like this. Brexit, COVID, slashing of the Justice budget, erosion of democracy and so one. Why can't I just not give a toss and get on with living my life, working towards retirement?

I write about these things to educate myself, to be able to tell the bullshit when I hear it.

What can we do about it? Asks Jools. Well, I don't know. As I wrote yesterday, this Government could get worse and will be voted back in because our election system is broken, as is the US's, and as those who benefit won't change it, there is no hope. 65,000 deaths isn't enouh to question the Government. Failed track and trace, PPE and ventilator procurement. Every promise on Brexit broken, giving the Monarch illegal advice, working against the interests of the country, clapping for carers then making them pay for parking again. Cutting doctors and nurses numbers. And on and on it goes.

Whether we know about things, they will still happen. And we might have an incompetent in Office now, but the next one might be even more hardline, cuts more services, and their rise made easier thanks to the attacks being carried now by Johnson and Cummings.

When will the people take to the streets to sweep these traitors out of office? Never now there's football on the telly, pubs are open and they can go shopping or go on holiday. Bread and circuses always distracts.

No comments: