Tuesday 28 July 2020

Monday 27th July 2020

Pay Day!

But after 17 days, nearly, of holibobs, it was back to work for me.

But before work, there was the long held promise of trying the new cross trainer.

Because I am stupid, I said that no trial was needed, I'd just learn as I physed. So, after coffee, I go to the spare room, put my trainers on, and climb on the instrument of torture. I try to input details of the exercise and me.

I do this several times, and each time I press "go", nothing happens.

Twenty minute later, I was running out of time, so give up.

BAH!

After breakfast, Jools has a look, takes the battery out of the display unit, puts them back in and switches on. And now it works.

But it was now too late to do anything that morning, and upon reflection, I say I will begin "in the morning".

The day after my holiday started, I had to change my work password. I chose something so cool it would easily be remembered. So easy, I lay awake for hours on Sunday night trying to remember as I failed to write it down, or a reminder to myself.

Which means it was time for the early morning meeting, and despite it being the end of July, still half the department were still away, or some had begun their time off a week later. There was just the four of us, and there was no gossip to tell in hushed tones.

Two hundred and nine So, to the overflowing inbox, that wasn't overflowing. In fact 80% of the mails related to a trip to the Isle of Wight next month, five working days of the second week off produced just one e mail to deal with.

Which doesn't take long to deal with.

Jools is still furloughed, of course. But without me to drag her across the county looking for orchids/butterflies/trains/churches, she retired to the garden to do deadheading making it look immaculate.

Lunch comes at half eleven, ham rolls and huge brews, of course.

And back to work.

As I am back to work, the weather brightens up, so I go to the garden to take some snaps; Tansy and Dahlias grab my attention in the brief moments of sunshine.

I go back to the work laptop.

Half comes and I pack away. We are hungry, so I egg and breadcrumb chicken breasts, cook noodles and stir fry to go with the chicken.

Lovely.

Only, halfway through the meal I am struck by a migraine. I don't suffer bad ones, but this was bad enough. And there was me thinking I had slept well enough these past two weeks. I lay on the sofa with my hands over my eyes whilst my vision was wrecked by swirls and flashing lights.

Dahlia I am told I slept at some point.

THere was time to write a quick blog, before I close the laptop down for the evening, and settle down to watch some play off footy.

Scully jumps up on the sofa and meows at me. I swap my usual place to where Jools sits, cover my lap with a blanket and I have a cat for the evening.

At half time, my legs were dead and moving them induces huge cramps. I try to get the footstools out from the sofa, which i do, and in the process disturb Scully who gets off in a huff, turns her back to me.

But I am comfortable, so she turns round and comes back, settles back down and purs all the way through the second half as Fulham beat Cardiff 2-0.

There is actually a football-free night on Tuesday, what will I do?

No comments: