Tuesday 7 July 2020

Monday 6th July 2020

Although I was active last week, come the weekend and its wind, rain and so on, it meant I moved little, though life was relaxing. It did mean that by Sunday morning, my feet began to swell, and I knew I had to do something, though my shoulder complained: "what about me".

What to do?

Well, rest Saturday and Sunday, and although we did go for a walk and a wander round Sandwich Bay on Sunday, Saturday was spent pretty much ither in the office chair or on the sofa.

So, come Monday morning, something had to be done. And so it was with a heavy heart and heavier slippers, that after the first coffee of the morning, I trod back up the stairs to the cross trainer to do another session; the first of two planned for that day. And in a surprise move, Jools said she would match my times on the trainer.

No pressure, then.

But I do the session, and it was cool enough int the morning air to be almost refreshing. Jools had gone for a walk, but would do her session later as her 4th week of furlough drew to an end.

I finish my session, prepare breakfast and make second coffees, so it was fruit and yogurt and coffee for breakfast, all ready to go for the start of the day and the early morning meeting.

Large White Pieris brassicae And so it goes, with yet another meeting in which we auditors talk about audits and audit findings. That kills another two hours.

Jools does her session on the cross trainer, while I work at the computer.

Outside it is a bright and less windy day. Perfect for wandering and a-snappin', but I must stay and work.

Sigh.

My next batch of vacation, starting this Friday is approved, so already looking forward to the 16 day weekend.

Scabious Lunch is beef rolls, made with the leftover beef from Sunday dinner, with the crispy fat left on, as it has ground pepper mixed in, and what's not to like about finding peppercorns through the rest of the day, in the gaps of your teeth?

Yet another Lilly Nothing at all.

The afternoon grinds on. I go outside to take a few snaps. Spoilt for choice with Large Whites everywhere in the front and back garden, but also as a bonus, we have the first visit by both a Small Copper and a Large Skipper, I even get a shot of the latter. I hope to venture further afield in the coming days to bring you a wider choice of shots.

One hundred and eighty eight At four, I do a second session on the cross trainer, not so easy, as it is warmer. But I get it done.

Jools follows, in which time I prepare dinner, grinding up some pistachio nuts to mix n with the breadcrumbs so to coat the chicken I am going to shallow fry. I'm not going to lie, the chicken is magnificent, and to have with it we have lentil dahl and sweet chilli stir fry. All went together wonderfully.

We eat well.

And I drink wine well too.It come only with years of practice.

And there we are; after a shower, listen to the radio, do some writing, and another day is done, it is high summer, but with the cloud and freshening breeze, feels like April.

No comments: