Friday 3 July 2020

Thursday 2nd July 2020

And here we are, at Thursday, and really wanting the weekend to arrive. And being a Thursday, it is bin day and phys day too.

I wake at about five, so I lay in bed, snooze some, and am convinced it is at least six if not half past. It is twenty past five.

Sigh.

Jools is up, and soon there is a hot large cup of Joe waiting for me on the table.

Jools is up for more walking, and walk from the house into Deal, so she has soon left the house, leaving me with the cross trainer to stare at.

Sigh.

But as ever, the thought of it is worse than the actual experience, and I have a great session, finishing at quarter to seven.

One hundred and eighty four I sit in the garden to cools down and to watch the bees flying into the hedge, each carrying saddlebags of pollen still. They are busy, busy bees.

My manual is published on the intranet. Job done.

It is a typical day, working from home. Nothing much exciting happens, just the clock ticks the minutes and hours away until it is time to eat lunch, then dinner. Jools catches the bus back from Deal, and arrives clutching a packet of stem ginger cookies, which means it must be time to brew up and try them. I am sure its not me, but the cookies have been reduced in number and are smaller than there were a few months ago.

Another Brexit bonus I think.

We have the excitement of a thunderstorm at lunchtime, suddenly there is a crack of thunder, so I put on the storm radar and see how a single crack of thunder comes from multiple flashes of lightening. I rumbles on for half an hour before drifting out over the Channel towards the Thanet windfarm.

Exoskeleton Excitement over, life settles down and I enter the eternal struggle of trying to stay awake until it was time to pack up work and then go up for a second session on the cross trainer. Much harder this time, but I do stick with it. And so another session over.

Through the day I made a beef ragu, letting the pot rest after each part to allow the flavours to ferment. Once I cooled down, I browned the mnce, added to the tomato and garlic and onion mix. I put in some chorizo to pep it up a bit, cook the pasta and pour some wine.

Because, wine.

At quarter past eight, the former champions played the new champions, in what a few weeks ago had seemed to be the game Liverpool would win the title, or have chance to. IN the end they did that over the weekend, and so not much to play for other than pride. And Citeh had something to prove. 20 minutes either side of half time, Citeh scored four, and Liverpool screwed up all of their chances, and as the game went on, 4-0 down, lost their way.

I had a whisky at the end of the game, because, whisky.

No comments: