Thursday 9 July 2020

Wednesday 8th July 2020

Days are the same, for the most part. Hard to tell one from the other. And yet the weeks and months slip by. It is now the second week of Jult. High summer, though currently cool and wet.

Everything is a routine now. Get up. Coffee. Exercise, prepare for work. Might put some trousers on. Work to half eleven. Have lunch. And back to work. Phys in the afternoon, prepare and cook dinner. Write, watch football. Go to bed. Rinse and repeat.

Friday evening, I begin two weeks off, with much more getting about and taking photos. And maybe when I return, travel and face to face meetings will be allowed? Stanger things have happened.

ON Monday Jools announced she was going to do the same sessions on me on the cross trainer. So, she asked me Wednesday morning what exercise we had planned for the day?

Wednesday is a rest day I said.

Thank goodness for that she replied. Though using a rude word.

Which should have meant we were blessed with so much time before work, as we got up at twenty past five, giving two full hours in which to get dressed and have coffee. And that's about it. But somehow time slipped through my fingers, and I realised I barely had time to prepare the fruit for breakfast, make another coffee before it was time to log on for another day at the virtual coalface.

And there is no news. No gossip. Just the usual stuff. We laugh, we joke and compare ideas where to go on our holidays.

I have one one hour meeting, and two hours to prepare. So I spend the time downloading audit reports and converting them into PDFs, which is the modern way.

I now a minion. An assistant auditor, who is an expert in Environmental and Health & Safety, in particular our employer's legal compliance with these. So, we talk about our upcoming audits at Fawley and the Isle of Wight, if we can find a place to stay that is.

That done, I make lunch; cheesy beans on toast and huge brews. Of course. UK baked beans are limp and bland compared to their fancy US cousins. We cover the beans in fresh ground pepper, but its a disappointing experience.

Back to work, although it's slow. E mails drop in at the rate of about one an hour. Nothing compared to when I was in operations, 40 or 50 in a morning wasn't unusual. Who can keep up with those? Not me.

I take the laptop onto the sofa, and we watch a documentary on Brazilian music with the People's Champ, Huey. We want to go to Brazil now.

For the past three weeks, the RSPCA cattery in Ashford has been uploading videos of a little brown kitten called Blake, as they took him in and sorted out his infections, and now he is up for adoption. So I applied.

One hundred and ninety Not much else to report. Rain fell through the day, steady so filling up the water butts and giving the garden a good soaking. Jools did not go for a walk either. So not may shots, just the one of me cooking dinner, more breaded aubergine.

The day ended with more footy; Brighton v Liverpool, and it was a good game. Liverpool scored from two mistakes, Bright pulled one back, but the Reds could have scored ten more. They manage just one.

No comments: