Saturday 16 September 2023

Friday 15th September 2023

Friday at last.

I lay late, until nearly six, which meant that after gulping my coffee down, I emptied, cleaned and replaced the litter in both cat's trays, then took out the bins, garden waste, filled up the feeders.

Phew.

And then to work.

Only Microsoft have decided to replace passwords with codes, so I battle the automated and useless process of setting one up. If I have to think up a new six or seven digit code every few weeks, this is going to be very tiresome indeed.

Twenty minutes it took to log on, do the daily and weekly admin, then prepare for the first of two combative meetings of the day, in which it becomes clear that people responsible either have no idea what's going on or are lying.

Two hundred and fifty eight Or both

The second meeting ends at half two. Jools was home, and she ran me over to Sandwich where I was to meet Pete, a work colleague for an informal meeting and some beers.

Vintge stuff Takes only 20 minutes to get to Sandwich, Jools drops me off outside No Name Shop, so all I have to do is walk behind it, past the Fleur de Lis and the Market Inn, where there was a party and disco going on at three in the afternoon, to the Time and Tide taproom, where we were to meet.

Sandwich filler It was cool but light inside, so I ordered a couple of IPAs for us, Spratwaffler, and I waited for Pete to arrive.

Time and Tide Taphouse, Sandwich, Kent Which he did after about ten minutes, so we toasted ourselves and dranks.

Time and Tide Taphouse, Sandwich, Kent Sweet beer.

Time slipped by, two beers slipped down too. So we walked through the town to near the Barbican and the Crispin where we had another couple, a Harvey's Best and Timothy Taylor.

Posh Crisps We were hungry, as was Jools, so I got us a table at the BBQ place next door. We went in and ordered brisket for Pete and myself, and a kofte for Jools. All were great and tasty.

Potter Street, Sandwich, Kent Pete and I disagree on the merits of The Doors. I prefer the description in Almost Famous, that Jim Morrison was a drunken buffoon, Pete thinks otherwise, but other than that, it was a pleasant end to the day.

Jools drove us back via the main road to Whitfield and home, getting back at nine in time for a cuppa and in time to watch the second half of Southampton v Leicester, as football is back, baby.

No comments: