Wednesday 27 September 2023

Tuesday 26th September 2023

Four year anniversary of Mum's passing.

And, I really don't think about it too much, if I'm honest. I mean, she comes up in conversations with Jools, but mostly of a life wasted or someone gone before her time.

I wished her no ill, really. But it did mean we paid the mortgage off, and began to travel once COVID eased.

So, other than remembering that night as I travelled home from the IoW, and the realisation she really wasn't going to make it, it was a normal day at work. Other than being away from home.

I am here in Denmark, after all, for work.

And so it begins.

Four days of audits this week, two next week, two the week after, all with reports to write after and travel on top of that.

But, welcome to Arhus.

I wake at six when the alarm went off, skipped the shower, which I would regret, get dressed and was down for breakfast when the restaurant opened at half past.

I wolfed down a bacon butty and a coffee, then went to find the car and drive to the office before traffic got too bad and before the cyclists were abroad.

I have nothing against cyclists, one of my best friends is a cyclist, but here in DK, quite rightly, they get priority at many junctions, especially making right turns difficult.

Carjamming in Arhus So I like to get to the office early in order to miss the worse of it. At least I know the way by now.

I arrive, get a pass from reception and find the meeting room. I have an hour, so settle in, open the agenda and opening meeting presentation, and grab a coffee.

Auditing is what I do, and can be dull. Is dull. Mostly, but the day flies by, and soon is four and we end for the day.

My interim boss had arranged to meet at six for dinner, so I drive back to the hotel to freshen up, change clothes and relax, before walking down the hill to the bus station to the street food place, where we would be eating.

Its a colourful place with eateries set up in brightly coloured shipping containers, there is plenty of seating inside and out, so the only decision is what to eat.

Going Greek with Rune Tina and Rune arrive, we wander round and Tina decides on the duck cooked in duck fat burger and fries also cooked in guck fat, while Rune and yself went Greek.

Two hundred and sixty nine As it were.

I had grilled chicken thighs, fries and zsuaki with pitas, which was pretty darn good.

We sat outside to eat and talk Had an ice cream, then they had to go home while I wandered back to the hotel.

Darkness was falling, but its still mild enough to not need a coat.

1 comment:

jelltex said...

And you would be correct!