Tuesday 12 September 2023

Monday 11th September 2023

I am now of an age, a certain age, when medical professionals take great interest in me, or parts of me.

I will be 60 in 23 months, apparently, and that means check ups and sending in samples. And so the NHS thought I might like to get in practice before my actual 60th.

Hot lips in the morning So, before work, I walked along the street and up to Collingwod to drop in the envelope, thus seeing the fine vistas of the village and the clear blue skies of what seemed liked the 8th scorcher in a row.

But as it turned out, clouds rolled in by lunchtime and the temperatures returned to something close to normal. Although in reality was was still warm and humid, just not hot and humid.

Two hundred and fifty four And then back to work, where things went well. I banged out three audit agendas, sent them off, so I got some stuff done, and because of alignment meetings there's a good chance I got it right.

This time.

I worked through the day, and finished at four, packed away, and with Jools going to a fitness class in the evening, no dinner to prepare, so instead I had a coffee and listened to some radio, until hungry cats demanded kibbles.

Jools came back at eight, with it already being nearly dark. We had bacon butties for supper, and that was that, another fine day over and done with.

No comments: