Saturday 30 September 2023

Thursday 28th September 2-23

Third day of the audits, and I am getting tired. Its the thinking, I think, always pondering or trying to recall if what was said just now matched what was said the day before. Or the day before that.

And the fact that for most offices in the building, the windows did not open, so air got stale and eyelids heavy.

That being said, it was a glorious morning with bright red sunrise and clouds reflecting the colours.

Red sky in the morning, auditors warning I got a shot.

The walk to the entrance, swipe in, and climb the stairs to the conference room.

Eyes down.....

In fact, we were done before lunch, four hours early, which was nice, so able to join with my friends for lunch and chat about, well, work.

Then upstairs to begin writing the audit report.

My boss leaves at half two, and I am soon following her out. Just so much office work and sitting around one can do.

So I drove back to the hotel without incident, went to my room to chill, and decided to go out, even if I was tired.

Arhus is a fine, modern and safe city, at dusk when the lights shine brightly, and the shops are still open, or people drinking and laughing outside bars, still warm enough to sit outside.

My feet too me to the canal, and along to an Italian place, where a group of Italian women laughing and eating convince me if its good enough for them to come here, I should too.

I get a table, order a bottle of Vin Nobile, and order Caprese and a vegetarian risotto.

The salad came with a ridiculous amount of tomatoes, and very soft cheese, not sure about the onions, mind. But nice enough, and the risotto was serviceable.

Two hundred and seventy one The company paid, for the food, I paid for the wine.

And after some people watching, I left and walked back up the hill to the hotel, glad to have gone out, and just one more day of auditing to go.

No comments: