Thursday 28 September 2023

Wednesday 27th September 2023

I have no idea what day it is, apparently, it was Wednesday.

I am here to work, and work is what I do.

I treated myself to a 15 minute lay in, so got up at quarter past six, and was down for breakfast at twenty to seven; another bacon butty and plenty of coffee, then for the drive to work, into the glorious sunrise, along streets with little traffic a a few manic cyclists.

After parking, I walk to the reception, swipe in and go to the meeting room where in an hour I type up my notes from the day before, in time to start all over again.

I won't mention the work itself, but it went well.

The day before, my colleague, Rune, bought me lunch, but he was away, so I had to load another swipe card with money before going down to pay by waving the card at a scanner.

But it worked.

Like most firms over here, a subsidised canteen is well supplied with a salad bar, fruit, bread, and a choice of cooked main course, though not huge, it does allow me to eat healthy and not feel bad about being ambushed by burger, fries and beer later.

Which is what did happen.

I came over all tired, so decided against going out, instead I looked at the in-hotel restaurant menu on Facebook, and found them claiming to serve the best burger in Arhus..

Two hundred and seventy A bold claim.

I go down and read my book while the burger arrives, which was pretty good, served with fries and two dips.

I find the Facebook post was written by the bar manager, a former waiter called Magnus. I wrote that in Danish, he said. Well, FB translated it, automatically.

Evening light Did I want to see the dessert menu?

Yes, yes I would.

I have cheese and a glass of red wine, and then go back to my room to chill and call Jools on the mobile.

The day ends

No comments: