Saturday 23 September 2023

Thoughts on blogs and photo of the day

I began this blog, or this version of it after disembarking from a survey vessel in Peterhead on my birthday in 2008. You can go back and read it.

It was the start of a long period of leave which would include getting married and the honeymoon.

A few months later we bought "he house on the cliffs", aka The Ugly House, aka Chez Jelltex.

I then lost my job, just as we had taken on a six figure mortgage.

Eeeek indeed.

We managed.

I have written most weeks, and since the London Olympics in JUly 2012, I have written pretty much every day. This was helped by moving into a role that meant lots of travel and lots to write about.

We have travelled to Japan.

The USA.

Several times.

Germany.

Spain.

Rhodes.

Svalbard.

But, this year has been tought to find stuff to write about. Every day. When every days is the same. I get up, have coffee, have breakfast, work, do something else, prepare dinner and then clear up and watch football.

Rinse and repeat.

So, as I write this, it is my inention to only write in the new year when there is something worth writing about. That might be every day, or not.

Also. On 1st January 2017, I began the first of my picture a day projects. That year I missed one day, but cheated in changing the date in the file data. But that was the only time.

Since starting, I have taken and posted 2,456 shots of the day, so by the end of the year there will be 98 more to add.

And if anything, finding something new to take a shot of 365 days year after year is beming really very hard indeed. So, it is my intention to stop this current 365 project ends on New Years Eve.

We shall see.

No comments: