Monday 25 September 2023

Sunday 24th September 2023

Part two of the weekend, and this weekend I have to remember that I am paid for doing something, and so I prepare for my first international quality based trip of the year, leaving London at oh oh dearie dearie me hours on Monday morning, requiring Jools to take me halfway to that London to get a train early enough so I can catch the plane.

Once we were up, the cats fed and we had coffee, breakfast and second coffee, the main task of the day was sorting the lawnmeadow out.

It needed another cut, and then scarifying. Which means ripping the shit out of it, so when you sow seeds they make contact with soil, and you remove all the dried thatch so not to help what little grass there is, grow.

Two hundred and thirty seven Jools helped, which meant the lawn was mowed and scarified by half eleven, which meant time for a brew before making lunch of Caprese and two fresh potato bread rolls.

Caprese Which came out splendid.

We had wine/cider, listen to the wireless while we ate, then had to stay awake for the football in the afternoon, the North London derby first, which ended up a 2-2 draw, but was very entertaining.

Once the footy was done, a shower, pack and have a large shortcake each for supper before bed at eight, as we were up at four in the morning.

No comments: