Friday 22 September 2023

Thursday 21st September 2023

Autumn is here, and along with it cooler temperatures, rain, wind and shorter days. And on this day, night and day were of equal length, and from now on life will get much, much darker.

I had to catch up on work I missed on Tuesday and Wednesday, which wasn't much, if I'm honest.

Jools had gone swimming, and me lazing in bed meant she was ready to leave when I got up, and outside the day's first milky light stretch over from the east.

The cats try to tell me they hadn't been fed, but I didn't believe them, so they gave up and went back to bed. While I drank coffee and got ready for work.

First up was the monthly department meeting where I gave my boss's boss another hard time and questioned his decision making processes.

He wasn't happy. Again.

So it goes, so it goes.

Outside the rain had stopped, but it was cold and grey, not really felt like walking. But also the 22,000 steps I did on Wednesday, my legs just ached. I should walk that amount most days, if I'm honest, armed with my phone, headphones and podcasts, maybe I can.

I went into the garden, and all that was in flower was a single autumn crocus and the clump of musk mallow in the lawn. I snapped the former as shot of the day,

Two hundred and sixty four Football is back, its European week, so matches beginning at half five and go on to ten, or beyond. I don't have the newly branded TNT Sports, so I don't watch, and truth be known I only listen to the CL, and that is a Tuesday and Wednesday only competition, its poorer relations play on Thursdays.

We have bangers and mash for dinner, and by the time we had listened to a podcast, eaten, cleared up, it was dark outside, and the wind building, and soon swept in the rain.

Its now cool enough to think about closing all windows, so the cats will have to get used to using the flap once again

No comments: