Monday 20 August 2018

Sunday 19th August 2018

You know when you wake up that something is not right. Hard to say what it was, but still waiting for the various parts of my body to report in.

Quite where the upset stomach came from, I don't know, but the plan for the long walk from the monument to Kingsdown and back was postponed, and all I really felt like eating was coffee. Saying that, I had promised to make a batch of saffron buns, so I got mixing and kneading, and once done, I could watch the first MOTD on a Sunday morning, with clouds scuttling across the sky outside.

The football is good, especially after I pause the recording to make more coffee and warm croissants up. Chelsea beat Arsenal, Spurs beat Fulham and somehow Leicester beat Wolves. I avoided the Football League show as I always do when Norwich lose.

The much promised walk was postponed until later n the morning, until it became clear with the heavy cloud and threat of rain it wasn't going to happen.

In the end I find myself slicing tomatoes and mozzarella cheese in preparation for lunch of insalata, which we sit down to eat at half twelve, and turns out the glass and a half of red plonk sent me to sleep as the football kicked off.

Two hundred and thirty I woke up each time Citeh scored against Huddersfield, and that ends 6 (six)-1. And once the saffron buns had been cooked, we eat those as Man Utd kick off against Brighton, and in an exciting first half, Brighton end up 3-1 up at half time, but Utd would come back? No?

No, as it turned out, but we had driven to Whitfield for some more card related malarkey; we were going to skip it this weekend, but truth is, we all enjoy it, and so so we sit down to play, and in a turn up for the books, yours truly scoops the jackpot in the final round of Queenie, with a run of three as we were all running out of money waiting for a run of four.

Its nice to win on occasion, makes it worthwhile, even if we're playing for pennies, not a row of houses.

No comments: