Wednesday 1 August 2018

Tuesday 31st July 2018

It's building.

The temperature, I mean. Each day this week will be a little warmer, a little sunnier, until Friday when it reaches 30 degrees again.

Phew.

But it is another working day, you know the score.

It starts off cool enough, cool enough to be able to have a second coffee with my Bran Flakes before the grind starts. Jools is already on her way to work, and I am standing at the kitchen door, looking down at the garden. Jools says there were weeds that needed sorting in the lawn, but it would be hard to tell with all the long grass, so I decided that as the wild flowers were over, I could mow the lawn, and gather in our own hay, later in the day.

So, to work, and for the day I am making yet another spreadsheet. Yay.

I work through the day, taking regular breaks. Too regular I suppose, but I get it done.

IN the afternoon I take to the sofa, though there is no Tour to watch, there is American Pickers, which I am becoming addicted to, so will be good to start to travel next week to get me out of the routine.

Outside it is warm and sunny, so at four I go to the shed, get the mower out and give it a good yanks. It fires up in a cloud of blue smoke, but is working, so in an hour or so it almost looks like a lawn.

Gathering the hay A dead lawn, clearly, as there are just a couple of patches of green, and none of the grass is alive, but when the rain starts proper, it will return.

I get the rake out and give the lawn a good going over, and promise to give it another cut on Wednesday.

Two hudred and eleven Jools comes home, just as I am finishing the well deserved beer sitting on the patio. I cook chicken burger again, so we can have tart and cream for dessert, which was still delicious.

And we were pooped by nine, I try to read in bed, but my eyes got heavy....

No comments: