Wednesday 29 August 2018

Tuesday 28th August 2018

Back to work.

After a three day weekend.

And if I am honest, which I always try to be, the day started off a little odd. I come down, make coffee, and sit down to switch the computer on to find that a former colleague, working on an onshore windfarm in Japan, messaged me asking that I call him as soon as I am up! Now, I have not seen the guy since May last year, so I have no idea what's wrong.

I spend the next half an hour trying to get my work headphones to work on my home PC. But clearly that was more difficult that landing on the moon, so in the end I power up the work laptop and call Henrik. He wasn't online, but then I couldn't hear any sounds, so I call my fiend Tony in NZ to see if it would work, as he was online. I called him, but also got no answer as he had just that second to drive to work.

I thought no more about it, but Tony when he got into work saw that I had tried to call and was worried that I had bad news.

I speak to Henrik, and there was no emergency, just he has been offered a job back in DK and wanted my to know as I recommended him.

And then Tony calls to find out what was wrong. So, we chat for a while and I forget the time, and that I should have been in work. I get a message from my boss; are you joining the meeting?

Bugger.

So began a day where people lined up to kick my arse. As is the way.

By lunch I was work out with it all, but the meetings kept coming thick and fast.

It is half two before I realise that the smart watch is still in its charger, so not recorded how many steps I had done, but then as I had not left the house, not really missed that much. I give it up for the day, and finish the day on the sofa, working whilst watching a program about guys who clean garages out in Raleigh. Its crap TV, but I am hooked on that, as well as American Pickers.

The day ends and I feel like I need a holiday, not refreshed like I have had three days off.

Once Jools comes back, we have cheesy beans on toast, after which we go outside to work in the garden, deadheading the flowers in the new beds, so we might get more flowerings next month.

Two hundred and thirty nine After that, we have raspberry and blackberry crumble and lashings of custard, which was well lush.

The evening was spent in what I thought would be me swearing at the computer following Norwich at Cardiff in the League Cup, but as it turned out, City played like champions and ran 0ut 3-1 winners, thus silencing the naysayers.

I went to bed happy.

1 comment:

nztony said...

Very happy to be of service and very proud to make the blog, not so much though that I have been blamed for you being late for your online meeting ;-)