Friday 17 August 2018

Tuesday 14th August 2018

It had rained most of the night, so daybreak came all damp and dank. Mist hung between the timber framed buildings along the main street, so after showering and dressing, I walked to the hotel for breakfast, as I needed coffee.

Tim arrived at half seven, so we talk and agree to leave for the blade factory at eight, should only be half an hour across the island, so no worries. Other than after checking out and loading the car, the car decided I needed to go down even narrower lanes, through farmyards until coming onto the main road over the island.

Nakskov is an old fishing town, the centre full of timber framed houses, all with walls and roofs at odd angles, but no time to look there, need to get to the factory and find our contact.

Ferry back to Spodsbjerg After some gentle waiting around, we were met and shown to the meeting room, so we could start the reason for being here.

Ferry back to Spodsbjerg We were done by lunchtime, so we took up the offer of lunch before setting off for the ferry terminal again.

Ferry back to Spodsbjerg Amazingly, the sun came out and made the whole place look much more agreeable, even if it was flatter than Norfolk.

Ferry back to Spodsbjerg At the terminal, we buy our tickets and have just ten minutes to wait until the ferry arrived, disgorged vehicles and we drove on.

As before, after parking, Tim and I went out onto deck, not before we had each bought an ice cream to eat now that the sun was out, and it felt even more like being on holiday.

Ferry back to Spodsbjerg Again the crossing took 50 minutes, and was good just to sit on the deck and watch the ship’s wake disappear into the misty distance.

Munkebo, Denmark Once off the ferry, I followed Tim back to the motorway, and up to Odense, where our next hotel was. Amazingly, I felt myself falling asleep as we drove, so had all the windows open, just to keep alert.

Munkebo, Denmark Our hotel was in the village of Munkeybo, yes, monkeybow, and so never forgotten. The hotel is a huge H shaped thatched timber framed place, but all modern inside.

Munkebo, Denmark We check in, and I am shown to room 17, I power up the laptop, find some radio to listen to and lay on the bed. And sleep for an hour or so, while outside more rain fell.

Two hundred and twenty five Again, the main building in the village was the hotel, but I go out for a walk before dinner to see what was about; I find some interesting wild flowers, all blues and pinks, so will have fun identifying them. There is a small harbour opposite, so I go to look and find it has water and boats, ideal for a harbour, really.

Munkebo, Denmark I meet Tim at half six for dinner; Danish chili with sweetcorn and carrots. Not that bad, better with some additional chili sauce and a glass of chili tripel beer.

Munkebo, Denmark Back to the hotel room for more radio and laying on the bed, found me sleeping for at least for another hour, upon when I cleaned my teeth ready for the main sleep of the day.

Not a bad day, heck, City even won their first game of the season.

No comments: