Saturday 18 August 2018

Thursday 16th August 2018

Thursday, and not much to report really, just the usual day when staying at the compound and working from head office.

For the past couple of days, it has been cool and breezy, so more than a hint of autumn about it here, but then this is Denmark, and any kind of weather is expected.

The Scandic is an OK hotel, have serviceable rooms and service, but without frills. It also is on the edge of the city near the office, meaning a quick and easy commute, and a short drive back in the evening.

There is a good choice for breakfast, with lots of coffee. The restaurant is filling up with the elderly German coach tourists as I am leaving, no idea what they will be doing, but their coach is waiting outside to whisk them away.

I drive onto the ring road, then along for a couple of miles before turning towards the hospital and where the office is.

I am later than usual, so hunt for a parking space, then go into the offices for the quality department to meet my boss and colleagues before attending a meeting via Skype. Pretty much my day.

The day passes with more meetings, mails and calls, a pause for lunch in the canteen, before more meetings in the afternoon.

Two hundred and twenty seven I am all done by four, but wait to leave until half past, so that the traffic has died down, and I can just drive back to the ring road with no queues.

Back in my room, I put the radio on, lay on the bed, until at six, my stomach decides it is burger time. I do walk down to the ground floor, get a table and indeed order burger and beer.

Again, as I am finishing, the Germans had arrived back after their day out, and the three staff were soon rushed off their feet.

Back in my room again, all there is to watch is football; Bronby v Suboticia, which is a truly dreadful game, and a Europa League game too, with little skill or excitement on offer until the last ten minutes where they was three goals, two to Bronby, to win the tie.

And that was it, on the morrow I work in the morning, travel back in the afternoon, as there are no morning flights. A full day then before I will be home.

No comments: