Monday 17 February 2020

Getting some in: Part 11

Dateline: 18th February 1991, AWM 218, RAF Cosford.



Dear Mum and Dad,

Thanks for your last letter. I must say, not that I am being sarcastic, but I do know your address by now, no need to put it on any letters now.

It would save you some time.....

Its Monday afternoon and we are doing a 6 hour revision session before tomorrow's exam. I spent most of the weekend in bed watching rugby, football, pop videos, etc. When not in bed, I went to the Cav Club, there was a 12 hour disco going on. I didn't get drunk. Honest. OK, I had a couple of drinks. Snake bites. But that's all. We, Fudge and me, got back at 2 AM. I watched videos you taped for me: Black Rain, Sea of Love and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Again. Ellen Barkin is the new apple of my eye, though not much chance of meeting her in Wolverhampton or Telford.

Mark and I are looking forward to the weekend when we will come to visit. I can't decide where we should go Saturday night. City Lights is crap, so any ideas? I'd take him to Norwich but it's so expensive to get back in a taxi.

Time passes.....

It is now 18:50 and I'm waiting for the radio commentary to start, I hope Norwich win! Mondays means domestic night means bull night. I have to clean my room plus the toilet opposite. What a bitch. We have another exam tomorrow. Oh dearie, dearie me.

Can we have fish and chip at the weekend? And roast beef on Sunday? Pretty please. Then we can have roast beef sandwiches for the journey back. I'm getting hungry already.

You'll be glad to know I've been in a brilliant mood all day, I think I am getting over Vanessa, which is about time.I have decided I need a publicist to tell the world what a wonderful person I am, because something good had better happen soon. According to my horoscope in The Mirrow, I'm going to fall in love today. Some bloody chance.

Anyway, that's it for now, see you Friday.

Ian.

No comments: