Tuesday 18 February 2020

Getting some in part 12 and 13

Dateline: 4th March 1991, AWM 218, RAF Cosford.



Dear Mum and Dad,

As you can see, I enclose a cheque for £20.00 for my Visa bill, as well as the cover note.

I am watching the football, Forest won 3-1; what a good result

I am absolutely shagged out, so this will be a short letter.

I woke up at 13:00, which means I had 6 hours sleep, and as always on a Monday we have a bull night, so I've been cleaning toilets as usual.

Very sorry, I can't keep my eyes open, will try to write again on another night,

Ian



P.S. DALE GORDON IS GOD.



Dateline: 14th March 1991, AWM 218, RAF Cosford.



Dear Mum and Dad,

Thank you very much for a great weekend, I am only sorry it so very tiring for you. I honestly didn't realise it was Mother's Day. I mean, having to cook a full Sunday dinner. I was lovely though. I must also thank you for preparing the fish and chips for Saturdays dinner. As Dad guessed, Mark and I were paying for everything with Paddy not stumping up a penny.

Its not been a bad week, in fact its been very laid back. IN the evening I play Mark at John Madden's American Football, and beat him most evenings.

Mark is a bit depressed at the moment, life and the course getting him down. But he's looking forward to the weekend as we're Swindon bound.One of our course, David, failed an exam for the second time, and he is now off the course, they're talking it over with him this afternoon. If he's unlucky, he could be remustered into another trade, or they could even kick him straight out of the Mob.I am just glad I don't fail exams.

Too clever by half.

You'll be glad to know that I have only had one and a half pints since I got back. All bought by Mar. A bottle of Mann's Brown Ale is 42p. I might have a surprise for you when I get back for Easter, no clues. Just, anywhere you'd like to go to on Sunday afternoon?

Now, we got back here Sunday, we had PT on Monday. We all had showers after, except for Paddy who was in and out in a flash. He has not had another shower until PT this morning, Thursday.

URGH.

Also, he has scrounged fags all week, as his fiance hasn't sent him much money to spend. He got some cash yesterday, but never offered to share the fags he bought.

Anyway, I've been in a good mood all week, which is good.

See you soon,

Ian

1 comment:

jelltex said...

Paddy was a good sort.

Really.

A kind hearted bloke, who got divorced from his fiance/wife eight years later, was retraining to be a teacher in Norfolk and found a new partner, when a lorry driver stayed over the wrong side of a road near Coltishall and killed him.

A life gone out like that.