Saturday 8 February 2020

Getting some in: part 6

Dateline: 4th December 1990, AWM 218, RAF Cosford.

Dear Mum and Dad,

Sorry I have not written for so long, but I have been very bus. Honest. We had our first progress exam yesterday, we have to pass to be able to contunue on the course. I did a load of revising over the weekend and little surprise that I got 100% at maths and 80 on trade science, so am on course to get an extra certificate if I get over 80% in all my exams.

Overall, I came 3rd in the course, so I'm quite pleased.

We lost one of the course, Mark Lyon came off his motorbike at the weekend, though not badly injured will have to stay at home all week, so is to be recoursed onto 219.

Tonight is our Christmas dinner, followed by a "part" in the NAAFI.

We went to Wolverhampton at the weekend, did a bit of shopping and I bought a poster for my room and a Madness (!) tape. We then to Wimpy for a burger, called into a pub for a pint or three. Finally, a ten minute walk to Molineux for the Wolves v Ipswich game. We stood on the big terrace and joined in the chants of "Hark now hear the South Bank Sing, a new king born today. His name is Stevie Bull, and he's better than Andy Grey."

When I come home at Christmas, I am going to look for another car, as driving the Skoda back and forth fills me with dread, hopefully another Cortina or Granada.

This weekend there is just three of us staying, so we will go into Wolverhampton again, probably give the footy a miss as Wolves are only playing Port Vale, so probably won't be a good game.

Do you realise its four weeks since the pass out parade? How time flies.

I still write to Rambo and a girl from the chicken factory; nothing much changes there it seems, I'm better off out of it I think.

That's all for now, see you Friday week,

Ian

No comments: