Tuesday 25 February 2020

Monday 24th February 2020

There seems to have been gales for weeks, if not months. Monday dawned with grey clouds and rain lashing down. Jools put in her wet weather gear before driving to work, as she parks in Hythe and walks to the office, forcing her to walk to pick it up at lunchtime. Monday dawned with a pale light, and later than in recent days. So it wasn't light when I went up to the cross trainer.

I program the machine, set my ip pod to pay, and all was going well until two minutes from the end of my session when the i pod battery went flat.

Bugger.

I set on charge and said to no one in particular, I'll do a session in the afternoon. Not really meaning it.

But it was a little early, ahead of schedule, so I fill up the bird feeders, make a fresh coffee and have breakfast, whilst starting work at five to eight..

Fifty five And very quickly the working day from home settled down, with meetings and coffee. Meanwhile outside, the rain continued and the day never quite got light.

Lunch is leftover chorizo hash and scrambled eggs, on toast. A prince among lunches I feel.

During the afternoon I plan my work trips between now and the end of May, six more trips and visits to Aberdeen (twice), Birkenhead (also twice) as well as return trips to Barrow and North Wales.

Phew.

Just one trip to Denmark ahead, in April to celebrate my 10th anniversary with the company.

How time flies when you're having fun!

The afternoon is drawing to an end, and I do go upstairs to do another session on the cross trainer. I set the i pod where it went flat, and off we went.

Things is, I can really see now that I have made a difference. My belt no longer needs doing up and my trousers hang down, loosely, at the back.

Maybe I should do a second workout each phys day?

Steady on!

But that done, I have a shower and get dressed in nice clean clothes. T shirt of the day is one inspired by the film, They Live.

Jools was late back as it was yoga night, so I watch some football, listen to some radio, the make garlic bread and prepare the caprese, so when she returns at quarter past seven, all is ready.

And all put away so that I could watch the Liverpool v West Ham game on Sky. An oddly compelling game, and Liverpool out of sorts, but just do enough to win 3-2 and go back to being just the 22 points clear at the top.

No comments: