Wednesday 26 February 2020

Getting some in part 14

Dateline:18th March 1991, AWM 218, RAF Cosford.

Dear Mum and Dad,

How are you both? I hope you are both well.

Well, it is only eight days until Easter, thank goodness. I got 85% in the small arms exam, which I am very pleased about.

Had a good time in Swindon(!) but Mark and I have now fallen out, I won't go into details but he is moaning like a spoiled brat. Oh well, that's life.

We've got a difficult section coming up, so I'll have to knuckle down. I am feeling OK now, much improvement.

I am really looking forward to Easter and I hope you are too.

The atmosphere on the course is pretty good at the moment, I even made up with our senior man. Unbelievable, really. We lost another person off the course, Dave, due to failure in exams. He's not that disappointed.

We had a bull night, not as bad as at Swinderby, only takes about half an hour and another half hour in the morning.

I just watched Wold in Action, the "Birmingham Six" were saying the little things in life they missed when in prison; birds singing, door handles, starry skies, etc. I wonder what you miss about me?

Looks like trouble brewing in Yugoslavia (understatement by me, really), doesn't it?

Well, that's it for now, look after yourself.

Ian

No comments: