Tuesday 4 February 2020

Monday 3rd February 2020

Back to work.

How soon it come round.

And still it is dark when we get up, but not for much longer, as dawn gets earlier with each day now. Light is winning.

And it being a Monday means it is time for some phys once I have drunk my first morning cup of java and said goodbye to Jools. I lock the back door and walk up the stairs to the spare room before my brain can think of a reason not to do it. On with the headphones, press "play" on the i pod, and away we go.

Away I go.

And for my 4th week, the plan is to increase my time by 25% to 25 minutes, if I could find some music to keep me entertained enough not to watch the timer ticking away, ever slower.

Thirty four And I did it. A little bit more tired, a little bit more sweaty, but 25 minutes, 1500 seconds done, and done before half seven, giving me time to cool down before starting work and preparing for the first meeting an hour away.

I will have a shower later. Scully wakes up as I walk down the stairs, looking at me as if I have gone mad, which is a possibility. She has a day's sleep to look forward to. I have meetings.

And humans are supposed to be the clever ones.

Yeah, right.

Outside the day starts, the sun climbs the heavens, hidden behind clouds, and there is a chill wind blowing.

I have one meeting, then the big, second one. And the outcomes need some processing I can tell you. Best do that over lunch, grilled cheese and corned beef sandwiches.

And then we reach the long dark soul of the afternoon, which stretches to the horizon and the twilight of early evening. I watch a documentary about abandoned engineering, the series with the transexual engineering expert. Not why I watch it, but I do watch, and sitting in Jools place on the sofa, I am stunned when Scully comes to sit on my lap as I learn about an abandoned Nazi canal in Poland.

As you do.

Mulder comes to lay beside me, and it is a real shame to make them wake up at five, when it is time to got on and prepare dinner. Though home-made nachos require little preparation, especially when there is a tub of salsa ready made in the fridge. Cheese needs to be grated, packets of chips need to be opened, then wait for seven for Jools to come home, as she was off to yoga after work.

A pack and a half of corn chips with half a pound of grated cheese on is grilled. It is a healthy meal, honest.

I have the second bottle of "robust" IPA at seven %, and the world is fine and dandy after that.

And so, after washing up, we revert to normal, listen to the radio, write blogs and edit shots.

As you do.

We did it, we beat Monday!

No comments: