Friday 28 February 2020

Getting some in part 16

Dateline:23rd April 1991, AWM 218, RAF Cosford.

Dear Mum and Dad,

Shock news from your loving son as to why he's not rung: I lent Mark some money and he failed to pay it back. I know I'm a mug, bt, it was one of those things. A big mistake and not one to repeat.

Anyway, I enclose a cheque, please pay into my account. If you can't find the paying in book there'll be slips in the branch. Yes, I am skint again, but don't worry I will survive. After finding out how much it cost to reverse charges, I won't be doing that again. You will probably say not to worry, but I hop you understand why I won't.

Apart from money I'm OK. Mark sulks, but who cares? Saturday went well, she bought be pizza and drinks (no idea who that is), I left at 11, and spent most of Sunday in bed, watching football, etc.

We finished consolidation training yesterday, but I was the only one on the course who finished all the tasks, but as the whole course has to re-do it, so do I. To make it worse, I got a Uni7, a commendation. You can get a good or bad one, I got a good one. And I quote, "excellent attitude, which was a refreshing change. Positive confidence" and, "thorough knowledge of all subjects". I can tell you, I could hardly fit my head through the doorway.

Only myself and Amanda got Uni7s so far on the course!

So, we got four day's extra work to do now, but I'm still in a good mood. I feel as if I've done something really good. We've got an exam on Monday then FINALS on Friday 3rd May. Arrggh, mega-panic, etc.

There's a sports day on Thursday, a load of us are doing a tug-of-war. For some reason I had to have nother medical, and I am now officially 3cm taller than I was in September! By 1995 I will be 15 feet tall.

Sorry, but its getting late, and as there is more news, so I'll finish here,

Ian

No comments: