Wednesday 26 February 2020

Tuesday 25th February 2020

What is this we see outside, a blue sky? And warm orange light on the horizon, meaning there would be sunshine.

After Jools got ready for work, I go upstairs and do a session on the cross trainer, and am back down again, making breakfast so I am ready to start work at nine.

But despite my commute of just three feet, I am still two minutes late. Broken points at Surbiton.

Then it is on with work, sorting documents out and preparing for a meeting.

Fifty six I take a few minutes to wader round outside; there are at least eight imperialis showing already, and the first ones to show already have their leaves unfurling. In the trees and bushes, birds are singing sweet songs of love, gathering nesting material. It all sounds and looks like Spring, but it is still February, and there could be a kick to winter as yet.

Hellebore Back to work, I have an early lunch then get down to the really serious stuff I do.

Daffs in the sunshine In the afternoon, clouds roll in, turning the sky from blue to black before they dump fifteen minutes of sleet on the house, and for a few moments the ground turned white.

Hail on the rock garden I take pictures.

I also go and do another session on the cross trainer, my legs now quite tired, but I finish then go for a shower and put on some nice clean clothes.

That's better.

One final check of mails then I pack away the office for the night and begin to prepare dinner. It is to be carbonara, a variation I copied from Jamie Oliver, it uses no cream, just egg yolks, so isn't too fatty. Garlic butter made and melted, spread on sliced cornbread and then cooked in the oven until crispy.

Again, I bring it all together for when Jools comes home, soon though we will be able to go for an evening walk first, meaning more exercise!

We eat and I drink red wine, as it doesn't drink itself. Good to know I still have a job.

And that really is it. Jools was sleepy so she went to lay on the bed, and then inside the bed and so fell asleep. I followed Chelsea in the CL v Bayern, and Bayern ran out easy 3-0 winners.

Oh well. Time for bed.

No comments: