Sunday 9 February 2020

Getting some in: part 8

I had forgotten about Vanessa, a girl on our course. From before Christmas I found myself really attracted to her, and it almost happened. But, she hated the RAF and applied to leave. She lived in Gloucester, so we were to meet up the next weekend as planned. We met, we kissed, the Eros shrugged, and that was it.

But it was all unrequited love and angst for a week or two from me.

Dateline:24th January 1991, AWM 218, RAF Cosford.

Sorry I don't write much, but I've had a lot on my mind lately. Today has not been a lot of fun as Vanessa PVRd, or gave up on the course and the RAF. So, as you can guess, I'm at a low ebb at the moment. She'd been talking about it for a while, as she's only 17 she could sign the papers and leave the same day.

Not sure what's going to happen this weekend, I am hoping to see her one last time, anyway I am going to Swindon with Mark for the weekend.

Anyway, I've hurt my writist where I broke it, and now I am only doing light pT and I might have to go to have an x-ray next week.

There's two guys on the course I'm really friendly with, Mark from Swindon and Paddy from Cornwall, we hang out with each other, go down the bar and so on.

The course has split into little groups now, and we hardly mix with each other. It's not all doom and gloom, we get paid on Wednesday but I have just received my first poll tax demand for £120.00. Ha, bloody ha.

Good news one way or another as I'll be home next weekend, so roll out the red carpet. I'll sign off now as its the end of tea break,

Ian

No comments: