Saturday 16 July 2022

Friday 15th July 2022

Last day of the week.

And the warnings regarding the weather on Monday and Tuesday are firming up, and getting louder.

Many areas are expected to see temperatures on Tuesday top 40 degrees C, that's 104 degrees F, and will be hell.

As I said before, that no one is mentioning climate change in relation to the warnings, and some pretending that this is normal summer weather are just delusional.

But for now, it is a warm, sunny and with enough breeze to make it comforatable.

Jools didn't go to yoga while her ankle heals, so did sretches here instead, and once she left for work I put the bins out and then got ready for work.

I had tasks to complete and meetings to attend, mostly catch-ups as just about everyone will be away for the next two weeks. After 12 years,I'm used to it, but it makes me laugh that it still happens.

Anyway, I've had my holidays for now, and am happy to plod on working, getting stuff done.

I have to much to do to spare time to go for a walk, and the glut of meetings that fills up Fridays mean no real work gets done, and by the time it's one in the afternoon, all mental energy has been spent.

One hundred and ninety six So, I fill in my time sheets and send that in for approval, take the laptop to the sofa for the last hour so I could monitor e mails, and settle down to watch Le Tour, which has now left The Alps, and the pace picks up.

Jools come back, we have coffee and the race goes on, people cycling in nearly 40 degree heat for our entertainment. How they get enough liquid inside them in the five hours of racing is a muystery to me.

Jools went to see Jen, as she has to attend speed areness courses after being nabbed crossing over the Severn Bridge last month 4mph over the limit.

Amazed I wasn't nabbed at the same spot.

Jen has to attend a Zoom course, and can't get Zoom to work on her i pad.

I stay home, tidy up and so I am here for the music quiz at six, which to my amazement, I come 3rd, my second best showing.

Jools came to collect me, and we went back to Jen's where there was a Chinese meal waiting. Jen had got a baquet for three for the five of us, and was the right amount of food, and then there was a container of rice left over.

And then it was cards.

Or cards and wine.

And I was triumphant, winning the (small) pot at the end, and it being too late for anything else at half nine, we came home.

Still hot.

No comments: